Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nine Days

My c-section is scheduled for next Thursday, July 3rd. It is so crazy to me that in a little more than a week, I'm going to be a mom. In nine days, I am going to hold my daughter Madeline in my arms, and be forever changed. People are asking me if I'm ready-if we're ready- and honestly, I want to laugh. Is that possible? How do you  get ready for one of the biggest(if not THE biggest) things that can happen in your life? I am definitely excited, but right now, I feel more nervous, scared, apprehensive, etc. They say that the intuition kicks in when it's your own child, and you just know what to do. I hope "they" are right. I am counting on it!  There are so many unknowns right now about the future and what to expect. I AM scared, but it's a good fear, like when we went skydiving. As terrified as I was, If I hadn't jumped out of that plane, I would have missed out on one of the most amazing and breath-taking moments of my life. These last few days before becoming a parent, I feel a little like I did in that  plane. I knew it was too late to back down, but I didn't know if I was ready to make the jump. And just like then, I know now, that once I've made the jump, once they hand me my daughter and I look into her eyes, it will all be worth it. 

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Today is the big day! Happy Birthday Madeline. I can't wait to see some pictures of her. My prayers are with you Steph.

Love,
Jewels

Lisa P said...

Stephanie,

I've been thinking about you off and on all day. I can't wait to see pictures!

Brazenlilly said...

I'm so glad you started this blog, so you can save thoughts and memories like this one. Madeline will cherish knowing what was going through your mind. I can't wait to see pictures and hear your NEW thoughts! We've been praying for you and you WILL make wonderful parents. BTW, my friend's husband told her he was going to start a web site called "theysay.com" because when she was pregnant, she was always telling him: "They say I should do this" and "They say that is bad for me..." ;) LOVE YOU!